In the times when big data is the new normal and data analytics is the trend in town, every business needs to protect and safeguard their data to avoid thefts and threats. Likewise, when we talk about website hosting, data security and backup are of paramount importance. Even though some hosting services encompass plans that include data backup, it is manual and prone to errors.
This is where the idea of automated backups comes into the picture. Not only is this convenient but at the same time optimizes the time and effort needed to carry out the job.
What is CodeGuard?
CodeGuard is an excellent solution that facilitates automated website backup. Besides being your backup partner, CodeGuard is hypervigilant and keeps track of all the website activities. In case it detects any irrelevant activity or interruption, it notifies the owner about the same.
With CodeGuard Website Backup, you will never have to worry about your website data. The solution comes with daily backups and easy restorations. Though a thorough backup is done at the initial stage, the solution performs an update every time changes are made on the website. Additionally, the website owner has the freedom to revert the last version of the site in a single click.
What adds to the feature set of CodeGuard is its ability to perform daily scans backed by intense monitoring. If at any point in time, a suspicious event is noted, it alerts the owner about the same.
What is Shared Hosting?
Shared Hosting is one of the simplest and most popular forms of website hosting. The core of Shared Hosting involves a single physical server which is then segmented, rather shared, by a series of owners to host their website. The fact that a single server is shared between several sites, data backup issues may crop up frequently. This implies that even if the hosting service provider facilitates server back up, it would be in a shared environment and vulnerable to hacks. Not to mention that server failure would account for the total loss. Either be the case, your website data isn’t in safe hands. What you need to do is opt for automated backup using CodeGuard.
How the benefits of CodeGuard help mitigate the data security issues in Shared Hosting?
As mentioned above, Shared Hosting faces crucial drawbacks with respect to data backup and security. To deal with this, CodeGuard happens to be the best fit.
- CodeGuard is a third-party solution, and the created backup is stored in a different place. This wards off the worries related to storing data on the physical device/hosting server.
- Whether the website has been hacked or the owner is facing server failure, with CodeGuard, restoring the data is no more concern and can be done in a matter of clicks.
- CodeGuard employs 256-bit AES encryption, which means that the website data is fully encrypted, secured and protected.
- Based on the cloud, it gives ease to reinstate all of the website data without being exposed to threats and thefts.
- Daily monitoring, automated scans, and repeated backups, CodeGuard is all you need to automate the backup of your website’s data.
Summarizing, it is obvious that backing up a website’s data is of huge importance. Where manual backups tend to consume time and effort, an automated solution facilitates security with enhanced backup plans.