Yes, business ventures are a lot and generally, there’s no business that is easy to run. Still, there are some businesses that are, if nothing else, relatively simple to run.
Maybe you have a busy schedule and can only handle so much on your plate. Perhaps you’d like your first business to be low maintenance. Or maybe you’re a senior in need of assistance because of limited mobility.
Drop shipping E-commerce Store
Whatever your reasons, here are 3 low maintenance business ideas for you.
Drop shipping is relatively simple to run; this means you don’t need to invest in or manage inventory. Often, you want to purchase the product from the supplier only when you make a sale. This way, it reduces the upfront costs and inventory management complexities associated with traditional retail.
How to start?
- Choose a niche or product category you’re interested in, and often you want to conduct market research to identify potential products with demand
- Set up an e-commerce website using platforms like Shopify or Woo Commerce
- Find reliable suppliers who offer drop shipping services. Often, this means partnering with suppliers like Ali Express
- Implement marketing strategies to attract customers like social media advertising, content marketing, and search engine optimization
- Provide excellent customer service to handle inquiries and resolve issues
Consulting or Coaching Services
Consulting or coaching services are simple to run because they leverage your expertise and knowledge. You don’t need physical inventory, and this way, your business can be operated remotely.
- Identify your area of expertise or passion, whether it’s business consulting, life coaching, fitness coaching, or any other field
- Understand your target audience and often, you want to understand the demand for your services.
- Create a professional online presence through a website, social media, and professional profiles on platforms like LinkedIn
- Use networking, content marketing, and referrals to find clients
- Provide personalized consulting or coaching services to your clients, either through one-on-one sessions or group workshops
Mobile Car Wash
A mobile car wash business is relatively simple because it’s a service-based business that doesn’t require a physical storefront. You can offer convenient car washing at your customers’ locations for example.
- You want to invest in the necessary car wash equipment, such as pressure washers, cleaning products, and a water source
- Check local regulations and get any required permits or licenses for operating a mobile car wash
- Determine your pricing structure and the range of services you’ll offer; often, this means deciding on services like exterior washing, interior cleaning, and detailing
- Promote your services through flyers, social media, and partnerships with local businesses
- Manage appointments and travel to customers’ locations to provide the car wash service
It’s wise to try to make more money with entrepreneurship; or to get some hands-on professional experience. It’s also wise to opt for low-maintenance businesses, so consider these three.